Goalscream

Goalscream

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

McArthur Signs Three Year Deal

Midfielder James McArthur earlier today put pen to paper on a new three year deal at Crystal Palace, putting an end to the now somewhat muted speculation linking him with a move away this summer.
Image result for McArthur Signs Three Year Deal

Having joined us on deadline day last summer from Wigan for £7million, last season he not only got semi playfully strangled by former Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson (who was also in for him that summer) he also made 33 appearances for us, scoring twice.

Speaking to Crystal Palace FC after the ink was dry on his new deal, the Scotland international explained his delight at getting the deal done.

'I'm delighted. I had a fantastic time last year. I think the club's going in a great direction, everyone's positive around the place and I'm really looking forward to the coming years.'

The 27 year old went on to say that this is 'where (he) wants to be' so for him the decision was 'easy' to commit his longer term future to us as there wasn't an awful lot for him to consider despite the speculation linking him with a move elsewhere.

'I think there was a bit of general interest, but Palace is where I want to be, I'm happy and that's the main thing in football. When you're happy, you need to try to keep that and keep going with it. I think the club have got the potential to go places. We finished tenth last year and we'll be looking to progress again. I'm really delighted.'

Manager Alan Pardew was equally delighted to have kept him at the club for the foreseeable future, adding himself.

'James is a very important player for this football club, he was key for me last season and he has impressed with every aspect of his play. Because of the quality that he brings and the attitude that he has, it was important to offer him this new deal. I've been a fan of his for a long time and was impressed with his performances when he was playing for Wigan.'


Read more: http://www.palace.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=404873#ixzz3fDXDby8X

No comments:

Post a Comment