Goalscream

Goalscream

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Coutinho excited about Firmino

Philippe Coutinho says that Brazil team-mate Roberto Firmino has all the attributes to be a big success at Liverpool.

Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho welcomes the signing for Roberto Firmino
Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho welcomes the signing for Roberto Firmino
The Reds completed the signing of Firmino from Hoffenheim in a £21.3m deal on Wednesday, making him their fifth signing of the summer already.
The attack-minded player is likely to play as one of a front three for Liverpool and Coutinho, who is currently on Copa America duty with Firmino, is excited about the prospect of playing in the Premier League with his international compatriot.
"I think it is great news,” he told the club’s official website.  
“Firmino is a great player and obviously I know him from the Brazilian national team. He is a great character and person.
"He is strong physically, he is fast, agile, very skilful on the ball and he scores a lot of goals - he is a great forward. I am sure he will be of great help to us next season.
"After hearing the news, I said to him 'welcome to Liverpool' and I have told him that he will be coming into a club that is like a family - I made sure to tell him that.
"I have also wished him a great and very successful first season at Liverpool."
The deal for Firmino was the fifth of the summer completed by Brendan Rodgers after securing the services of James Milner, Danny Ings, Adam Bogdan and Joe Gomez.
Coutinho feels the business completed thus far leaves them in a stronger position for next season.
He added: "I'm very much looking forward to playing and starting the new season alongside Firmino at Liverpool. I am looking forward to not only playing for Liverpool again, but trying to help us get into a position to win trophies.
"As I said, I am very happy he has signed for Liverpool - but not only him, all of the other signings we've made recently as well. I'm sure all of these new players are coming in to make our team even stronger for the new season.
"I can't wait to start the Premier League season. I am very hopeful things will go well for us on the pitch this season."
Original post on;

No comments:

Post a Comment